Page Under Construction
Commissions and Collaborative Works
I am happy to discuss a potential commission or collaborative project informally with you, without any obligation. I have previously worked with individual artists, show hosts and companies on projects as small as a single waste mold to hundreds of completed pieces. Some examples are as follows:
- Copperfox Model Horses - Welsh Cob Sculpture: further details to follow.
- Union Jack China Edition: Following on from Union Jack's release in resin, a china edition was arranged as a collaboration with Donna and her team at Animal Artistry Alchemy. Sales were arranged and managed by Kelly and earthenware (with the odd bone china) casts were made and glazed by Animal Artistry's highly skilled craftsmen. Each copy is glazed to order so every copy will be different. One year on the copies are still in production (china takes time!), with well over half of the edition sold a limited run of Unicorns have been added to the Union Jack china line.
- Utterly Horses Hullabaloo - Union Jack (resin): A classic scale foal model commissioned by Utterly Horses (UK model horse importer and distributor) for their 2012 "Utterly Horses Hullabaloo" - a three day show to be held at Newmarket at the National Stud in August. Utterly Horses approached me and asked if they could commission a model for the show and an edition of 212 copies of the model are currently being made. 112 copies are reserved for the show and up to 100 copies will be available after the show to worldwide collectors.
- Ursus and Ursus Major: Lisa Bickford (US finishwork artist) required medallions for her 2012 "Laughing Bear Live" show, she wanted to cast them herself but needed molds. Project included design, sculpting and mold making The molds and a small number of copies were supplied to Lisa to cast from.
- Waste Mold: A single two-part waste mold and two resin copies. A UK artist was working on a sculpture and needed a waste mold. Project included preparing the model for mold-making (sprues etc), "claying up" in preparation for the mold pour, pouring two halves and casting two resin copies from the mold. Both resin copies were supplied to the artist to finish up.
- British Equine Championship Show (BMECs) Awards: I was pleased to be invited to produce the awards for these shows (2010 and 2011 so far). Project included the design, sculpting and casting of two medallions for each show including a small 1.5" mini-medallion and a larger 3.5" medallion. Copies were produced in white resin, clear pigmented (or "Wine Gum") resin and a variety of spray finishes too. Total number for each show were around 150 copies.
- Little One: Joanie Berkwitz obtained the rights to produce a limited edition run of my sculpture in Earthenware china. Project included supply of one resin copy to Joanie, she then made the molds, cast the copies and glazed each one. All copies are unique.
- The International Blessed Broodmare Project (TIBBP): A fundraising project to support TIBBP and raise funds to help horses affected by the PMU crisis in the US. Project included free design and sculpting of the medallion and supply of the clay original to Randy and Deb Buckler or Resins by Randy, they then made the molds, cast, sold or donated and distributed copies of the model, donating a portion of the proceeds from each sale to TIBBP (all other proceeds were used by Deb and Randy to cat the models).
- Frodo Snowflake: Medallions for a Live Show - 360 pieces. Project included design, mold-making and casting in a variety of resins including clear, pigmented and filled copies using mica, pearl colours and metal flake fillers. Almost all copies were unique with only a few repeats.
- Pet Portraits: I am happy to discuss these on a simple commission basis.